- You must complete your class at least 7 calendar days prior to your scheduled court date including any court date extensions you may have received.
- Your citation must not indicate that there was any serious injury or death as a result of a collision.
- You cannot attend class if you possess a commercial driver’s license even if you were not driving commercially at the time you were cited. Additionally a citation received while driving a vehicle requiring a CDL are not eligible.
- If you are court ordered to attend as part of a sentence you must provide the written court order from the judge to attend class.
- You can only attend a defensive driving course for violation dismissal once every 12 months. Your eligibility will be verified by our office staff.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must check with the court of jurisdiction on your citation to ensure your parental permission to attend is recorded by the court. Full payment must be received prior to the start of your class.
School Refund Policy
- In accordance with Arizona Supreme Court regulations the only case where a refund will be granted is if the officer fails to file the citation with the court, or the citation is dismissed by the court for any reason. In all other cases a refund will not be granted after your class has already begun or in the case of an online course, after the student has registered and paid.
We believe class should be fun! The class is designed in a game show format where people compete in teams and the atmosphere is relaxed. We also have several cutting edge videos that greatly enhance learning.
- Class time and content is mandated by the Supreme Court.
- Class time will be at least 4 hours but no more than 4 and ½ hours long. This time does not include registration and any breaks.
- Fees vary depending on the court of jurisdiction where you were cited. Please check our cost to attend class page here.
What you need to bring to class (Onsite Course)
- You must show up to class at least 30 minutes prior to the class start time to register with the instructor. No late arrivals will be allowed in class past the class start time. If you do show up late or cannot make it to class on your scheduled date you must contact us to reschedule for another class date.
- Your driver's license or government issued identification.
- Your authorization number from your credit or debit card pre-payment. Or a cashier’s check or money order made out for the exact amount to AZDDS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS.
- Your citation that you received or a copy of it.
- Your court extension if required. You must complete defensive driving class no later than 7 days prior to your court date or receive an extension from the court.
- Your court order from the judge if applicable.
- You are also encouraged to bring a snack or something to drink during class